How to Program a Lexus Garage Door Opener
New Lexus vehicles (as well as many pre-owned models) are equipped with the HomeLink® universal transceiver, which can be programmed to remotely operate garage doors, gates, and even home lighting and home security systems. Learn to program the Homelink® buttons in your Lexus with these step-by-step instructions from Haldeman Lexus of Princeton, and don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any other questions about the HomeLink® system or other Lexus technology features. You can also call the HomeLink® phone number at 1-800-355-3515 for help with how to set up a garage door opener in your car!
Program Your Lexus Garage Door Opener: Step-by-Step
Before proceeding with our steps on how to set a garage door opener in a car, make sure your vehicle is parked either inside your garage or close to your garage for effectively programming the Homelink® system. You must also have a normal garage door remote in order to complete the process, so have that handy as well. Once you’re ready, follow these steps:
- Park your vehicle close to your garage door and have your garage door remote handy.
- In the front seat of your car, locate the three Homelink® buttons–they are usually on the rearview mirror, or near the overhead console.
- Press and hold button #1 and button #3 simultaneously, until the small Homelink® indicator light above the buttons turns green and begins to flash. Release both buttons.
- Take your normal garage door remote and hold it close to the Homelink® buttons.
- Press and hold the garage door remote button and Homelink® button #1 simultaneously until the light turns green and begins to flash. Release both buttons.
- Go to the garage door control box in the garage and locate the “Learn Button” on the side of the box. It can look different on various control boxes, but often it is a red or black square button. Do not hold it down for more than one second, this will erase all transmitters, keypads, and other stored codes.
- Press the Learn Button once, at which point you will have 30 seconds to get back into your car and press Homelink® button #1.
- If the garage door opens or closes, you have programmed the Homelink® button successfully.
- Repeat this process if you have any other garage doors or gates that you want to program to your vehicle.
If you are having trouble with any of these steps of how to set a garage door opener in your car, feel free to bring your vehicle into your Hamilton, NJ-area Lexus service center. We can give you a demonstration of how to set a garage door opener in your car. If you’re having any other issues with Lexus parts or technologies, you can also rely on the parts specialist at our Lexus parts department for help. We carry an extensive selection of OEM Lexus parts that were built to stringent Lexus standards, are warranty-backed, and, unlike off-brand parts, don’t void your warranty or depreciate your resale value. Be sure to explore our parts specials to see how much you can save!
Get Help For Issues With How to Connect Your Garage Door Opener
More from Haldeman Lexus of Princeton
Complete your trips around Princeton, NJ with a model that has capable performance and excellent handling from the Lexus AWD-equipped lineup. Explore the variety of AWD sedans, coupes, and SUVs with the team at Haldeman Lexus of Princeton. You may be wondering, “what’s so special about Lexus all-wheel drive?” Each vehicle equipped with a Lexus AWD system is…
If you’re shopping around Princeton, NJ for a luxury crossover with roomy dimensions, lavish appointments, and advanced technologies, you’re shopping for the Lexus RX 350. The Lexus RX 350 interior features top-shelf amenities and cutting-edge technologies, while implementing the Takumi design philosophy. As for the 2022 Lexus RX 350 interior dimensions, you and your passengers…
What would a luxury vehicle be if it weren’t powerful as well? You’ll realize the two go hand in hand when you see the 2022 Lexus GX 460 towing capacity. How much can a Lexus GX tow? With the right equipment, the Lexus GX towing capacity tops out at 6,500 pounds. Of the vehicles…